I always keep a stash of marshmallows and rice cereal in my cabinet just in case of dessert emergencies. Everyone loves rice crispy treats. They are quick, easy and so much better than the prepackaged ones at the supermarket. At 135 calories per serving, I guarantee that your friends and family will ask you to make these again and again.
- 1 tablespoon of butter
- 1 16oz package of marshmallows
- 6 cups of rice cereal
How to make them
- Spray a 9×11 inch pan with cooking spray. Measure the 6 cups of rice cereal and set aside in a bowl.
- Melt the butter in a large pot, stirring constantly on medium heat.
- Add the marshmallows and stir until completely melted (no lumps). It’s okay if it gets a little brown (time will vary depending on how big your pot is and how many marshmallows you have).
- Turn off heat, add the rice cereal, and stir until coated thoroughly.
- Immediately pour into the 9×11 inch pan and spread evenly. Let cool.
- While cooling, I insist you eat the left over goodies out of the pot and off the spoon.
- Cut with a knife and serve. It should make about 12 servings.
- As soon as you are done eating the left overs, get that pot soaking with soap and warm water in the sink! You will thank yourself later.
- If you want less marshmallow, use a 10oz bag instead of the 16oz bag.