My Fiance and I love to go to Reposado (our favorite local Mexican restaurant) for their happy hour margaritas. It was the first margarita that didn’t give me headache so we went back and I watched to see how it was made. We have tried a lot of recipes over the years and this one stands out as the best.
- 2.5 oz tequila (I like Cazadores Reposado)
- 1 oz triple sec
- 1 oz fresh lime juice
- .5 oz fresh lemon juice
- .5 oz simple syrup (Don’t be scared! See helpful hints below)
How to make it
- Place 3-4 cubes of ice in a margarita glass (this makes sure your drink is icy cold)
- Put all liquid ingredients into a cocktail shaker, add the ice from your glass
- Shake hard for at least 10 seconds (shake it hard enough and you’ll get icy bits floating on the top when you pour, my favorite part).
- Rub the rim of your margarita glass with what is left of your squeezed lime
- Rim it with salt (optional, but delicious)
- Pour and enjoy.
- Simple syrup is so…simple! Place one cup of water in a sauce pan and bring to a boil. Add one cup of sugar (or Splenda if you want to skip the calories) and stir until dissolved. Let cool. This will last for a couple weeks in the fridge.