I love bacon and I’ve tried everything from pre-cooked bacon to beef bacon (this was an unfortunate grocery store accident – tastes like beef jerky). I’ve also tried a number of ways to cook it – frying pan, microwave, griddle. The best way to cook bacon? – The oven. Not only does it get your bacon crispy and delicious, it also lets you forget about it for 20 minutes while to prepare the rest of your meal.
- One package of your favorite bacon (I like hickory smoked)
- One baking sheet
- Aluminum foil
How to Make it
- Line your baking sheet with aluminum foil
- Place flat strips of bacon on the baking sheet (about 1/4″ apart)
- Place the baking sheet in a cool oven
- Turn the oven on to 400 degrees
- Cook the bacon for 20 minutes
- After 20 minutes check to see if the bacon looks crispy (you might have to remove it from the oven to get a good look)
- If you still see some fat on the bacon leave it in for a couple more minutes
- Watch it carefully to make sure it does not burn
- If you have more than one baking sheet of bacon you can put both trays in at the same time but it will take a little longer to cook
- I love to make a batch of bacon on the weekend and use it on my sandwiches all week for lunch or a cobb salad for dinner.