- 2 Granny Smith Apples – peeled and cored
- 1 sweeter apple (like pink lady or fuji) – peeled and cored
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 tablespoon flour
For the topping:
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1/3 cup flour
- 3 teaspoons butter
How to Make Them
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees
- Slice apples into uniform pieces
- Mix together the sugar, cinnamon and flour
- Pour mixture over cut apples and toss to coat
- Let sit for 10 minutes
- Put apple mixture into 4 inch ramekins – don’t worry about over filling
- Mix together the sugar and flour
- Cut in butter until it is about the size of peas
- Add butter mixture to the top of each ramekin (you might have to pat it down a little)
- Place ramekins on a baking sheet and cook for 35 minutes or until apples are tender and the top is golden brown.
- Cool slightly and top with a scoop of vanilla ice cream!
- Apples always shrink when they are cooked so over fill the ramekin when preparing the dish.