The classic gin and tonic is an earthy, botanical drink and one of my favorites. It works really well with other earthy flavors like basil, grapefruit, cucumber or even berries. Try these combinations at your next event by setting up a “Create Your Own G&T Bar”. Provide two or three types of gin, regular and diet tonic, freshly squeezed lime juice and a bunch of your favorite “extras”. Everyone will love experimenting and tasting thier creations.
- 3 oz Gin
- 4 oz tonic water (I usually use diet – you will save 100 calories per serving!)
- Juice of 1/2 a lime
- 3-4 of your favorite berries
- 3-4 leaves of basil
- Slice of orange
- 4 slices of cucumber
- Subsitute the lime juice for grapefruit juice
How to Make it
- If you are adding berries, basil or cucumber add them first with the lime juice and mash them with a muddler or the handle of a spoon.
- Pour all other ingredients over ice and stir.
- If you are adding orange, add the slices to the top of the drink.
- If you are adding berries you can mash them up, keep them whole or even freeze them and use them instead of ice!
- If you are planning a “Create Your Own G&T Bar” make sure to provide the basic recipe to get your guests started. You will also need a bucket of ice and a muddler.