I have always been a huge fan of breakfast – I even served it at my wedding! It’s my favorite meal to share with friends and family and in case you have been living under a rock – this Sunday is Mother’s Day! Here is a really easy pancake recipe to show Mom how much you care.
- 3/4 cup milk
- 2 tablespoons white vinegar
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons white sugar
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 egg
- Cooking spray
How to Make Them
- Combine the milk and vinegar in a large bowl and set aside for 5 minutes to “sour”.
- Combine the flour, sugar, baking powder, baking soda and salt in a mixing bowl.
- Whisk the egg into the soured milk.
- Pour the flour mixture into the wet ingredients and whisk until lumps are gone.
- Heat a large skillet or frying pan over medium heat and coat with cooking spray.
- Pour 1/4 cup of batter onto the skillet, and cook until bubbles appear on the surface.
- Flip with a spatula, and cook until browned on the other side.
- Add 1 cup of fresh blueberries to the batter for a easy twist or cut up some strawberries to serve on the side.
- Bake some bacon using my hands off approach while you are mixing up the pancakes!
- Any Mother’s Day breakfast isn’t complete without a mimosa! Pour a glass of champagne and top it off with just a little orange juice.
Recipe courtesy of Allrecipes.com (with a little twist).