Since I don’t have time to roast a whole pig, the crock pot is an easy alternative for pulled pork and will give you the same great flavor. Pulled pork is awesome on sandwiches and is a great substitute to hamburgers and hot dogs at your next barbecue (or for the big game tomorrow!).
- 2 pounds pork tenderloin
- 12 oz can of non diet root beer or coke
- 18 oz bottle of your favorite barbecue sauce (I like Sweet Baby Rays)
- Hamburger or slider rolls
How to make it
- Place the pork in the crock pot and pour the soda over the meat.
- Cover and cook on low for 7 hours.
- Drain well.
- Stir in barbecue sauce. Serve (Serves 6-8)
- I find that pulled pork works better on smaller rolls. Try making a bunch of mini sliders for your next big event. Pssst…this will also make great nachos!